Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
are they really needed..i put my 12.5" diameter and brembo4 pot calipers, I put these on my car 2 years ago,, during our California drought..well it's raining again, really did not drive my car in the rain for the past 2 years.. easy to do, even driving everyday.. last night driving home in a heavy rain on the freeway, hit the brakes to slow down a little bit... nope. nada, nothing.. if I had hair it would have turned grey.. after riding the brakes for a sec.. they dryed off// so I am thinking.. brake backing plates are good....so I think I will be looking for some to put on my car,, after modding, them to fit..

·
Premium Member
4,528 Posts
12.5" WHAT!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
I am so used to reading your posts by "translating" into what you mean that I did not catch the goof. Thanks for the laugh! :oops: Might Freud have something to say about that??

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
A bianchi1 to English translator app is available in the Apple store :).

Unfortunately, in it's effort to keep up with his tortured writing, it occasionally locks up :).

Bianchi1 and I are good buddies and he has given me unlimited ragging privileges :).

All the best, my friend!

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
We don't use backing plates on our racing vehicles and they stop in the rain.

Its not unusual however, to have to tap the brakes prior to full application to clean the wet off them.

Are you using a racing pad on those brakes? They need some temperature before they will do their job.

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:oops::oops::oops::wacko::blink:... just found it....sorry guy.. and girls.. my mistake, typing to fast while talking to a mate here at work..:whistling::lol:

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I read it over and over on my cell phone.. and just could not see it... so I took a long slow look at what I posted...way to funny.. sorry again...I have really no idea, how the heck I typed that in...man this is embarrassing...

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
No need to be sorry for being entertaining!!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Bianchi, you spoiled it, you edited the original post :thumbdown: You should have left it!
Anyway, what were talking about with your mate that made you type THAT ?

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
bianchi1 and I had a good laugh over this on the phone on Sunday!

He's blaming spell check, all the oily finger prints on his cell phone screen and his typical posting MO, not necessarily in that order. :)

Hey Randell, cleanliness is next to godliness!

And thanks for being a good sport about all of this.

All the best

1 - 14 of 14 Posts