Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When installing braided brake lines over the stock factory hoses, is there an increase in brake pedal force to stop the car?

Is there more than one set of stainless braided hoses that can be installed? Or they are all the same for a 105/115 car?

·
But Mad North-Northwest
9,856 Posts
No change in braking force. Some people claim they make the pedal feel firmer or more direct because they flex less, but if you can feel that you're better than me. They're durable and look good, though, so worth doing if you've got 30-year-old brake hoses.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
@Gubi , years ago we acquired some teflon coated aeroquip brake lines, the braking of course did not change , however there was a noticeable difference in pedal feel (firmer). Since that time we have installed "rubber braided lines" and there was no difference in Pedal firmness.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
A friend changed over to braided lines on his 750 spider,and there was a noticeable difference in pedal feel.Much more firm,but that might make sense being that his rubber lines were so old? Anyway,I'll be ordering Alfastops' set;stainless steel braided lines covered in black and lined with PTFE,end fittings and nuts also stainless.No affiliation with Tony.https://www.alfastop.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi?prod_code=1BRFR101

·
But Mad North-Northwest
9,856 Posts
Like I said, you guys are better than me. I've put them on all the Alfas and never noticed a significant difference. Maybe I just have feet of stone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts