Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after work at the dealership where i sell cars, i put my car on the lift, to replace the trunnion spacers with the 5 mm poly spacers i made.got a fashlight and took a look at the rear bushings, wow, they are shot, good news i guess, they should not be hard to remove...i have my new "devcon " flexane 94 poly kit. my plan is to ( i have done this before on my last alfa spider) burn out the old bushings, remove the centre sleave, ( rear track arms)lay the rear track arms on a table, where the bushings once stood, use clay to seal the bottom of the arms( bushing holes) centre the pivot sleave, the mix the devcon 94 ,pour, and wait 7 days to cure.also doing the same to the front lower a-arm bushings ,get the mighty:D propane torch , burn the rest of the rubber that is left in those bushings, clay mold agian, centre the sleave , pour the poly, yes i know the poly is 90 durometer hardnes, only a little harder the the rubber bushings, but the fesopnd quiker to de-form, and snap back to org. setting quicker.then centre sleaves well be well anti-sezed to prevent rust, so they can rotate on ther axes better,cost of all the poly bushing? you may ask.....all the bushings.... the kit cost me $30.99. one kit can do all the track arm/ front lower a-arm,trunnion to diff. bushings.

·
Registered
266 Posts
How can you make sure that the sleeves are centered before you pour the mixture? And where do you get kits like that?

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to centre the sleaves..

i just lay the part i am pouring ontop of a clay backing, the clay backing helps seal the bottom of the rear control arm, imag. the rear control arm laying on it's side, the front and rear hole where the bushhing was is now like a cup. with the clay on the botttom, the control arm is just laying on the caly, push it down far enough to seal the bottom, get the centre sleave, push it into the clay at the bottom, , and you are centred, then pour...i got the devcon 94 at capitol rubber suppy, here in sacramento.ca. hey sonshone, give me a call, 480.9230 home here in sacramento, perhaps you can help me explane this, with some photo's , i do not have a digatal camrea. , any other qusstions, just ask , i well be happy to reply:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts