Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am researching an efi conversion for my 1500 boxer. I am contemplating the 16v efi manifold, injectors, fuel rails and throttle body with an aftermarket ecu, standard distributor with an appropriate sensor to control the timing rather than implementing a crank sensor. Has anyone gone down this path and have any clues they wish to share.

·
Registered
32 Posts
surely if your going to all the trouble of wiring in an ECU to control fuel you may aswell get 1 that does ignition as well so that you can get rid of the airflow metor and have rampipes ontop of the thottlebodies,you we need a thottlepot too_OMEX is good,i use a MBE unit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have determined the 8v manifold is the way to go and may stick with the stock 8v setup for now. This is for an early 1500 carb motor. The carbs are giving me a pain, repeated cleaning isn't helping.

When I assemble the bits, I'll see what ecu is required but your suggestion is a good one.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I would say toss the dizzy. I think going with a crank trigger is one of best things you can do. Getting rid of all the spark scatter will make the car fell so much better. On my v6 the spark scatter shook the whole car. now with a VEMS runing off the crank it purrs down the road. big big difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts