Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am trying to get my 69gtv started, but it has a weird transistorized ignition system BOSCH 0 227 051 021:confused:. I have search for info on the web but the only thing I found is that it was used as an aftermarket upgrade to avoid burned contact points since the current flow between them is far less than the standard.

If any of you have any information or a wiring diagram as how to hook up this system I will highly appreciated :D

Thxs

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? Ideas?
Axel

·
Registered
816 Posts
Bosch ignition

I've never seen that style of replacement ignition. Personally, I'd remove all of the stuff and install a Pertronix distributor and a new coil{either Bosch blue or Pertronix.
KG
Alfas Unlimited

·
Registered
`61 Giulietta Spider, `65 Giulia Ti 1750, `69 GT junior 1600, `73 Spider 2000, `74 GTV 2000, `98 156
1,946 Posts
Can you contact Bosch directly, explain it`s for a historic vehicle and ask for the hookup diagram? I`ve had good luck in the past directly dealig with a lot of these companies, many whom are inhabited by enthusiasts. Try the marketing dept first and they can if needed redirect you.

·
Registered
797 Posts
That looks like pretty much of a hatchet wiring job. I would definately go back at least to a points/coil setup. It's an old system but it worked for 80 years and will get your car started for you.
Good luck!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys!!!... I think I am going with the original points/coil set up for now... I will switch to Pertronix in the future...

Thxs Again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts