Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the starter drive (Bendix drive) for a Bosch starter. The starter is good but the Bendix drive is broken. The ear is broken off of the drive clutch. I would be happy to have a new or used piece. The gear is 9 tooth. The shaft is 14.1 MM and the overall length of the drive from gear face to the end is 79MM.
The part number for the drive itself, from the parts book, is DGT 15L 11Z. The old part number for the whole starter is EGD 1/12AR24. I was given a Bosch updated part number 1006208034.
I would also accept a complete starter. The car also used a Marelli starter. The number for that starter is MT 23 A.
The car is off the road and I'm desperate for these parts. Thank you all!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
It looks like the MB 190SL codes come close but we know about cigars. I would start my search with Bosch US, the company. These people are usually pretty helpful because they have tech reps who will guide you in the direction you need to go. They might even recommend an independent service location who can also help. If you get a hold of anyone, they can usually decipher and sort through the Bosch part code and tell exactly what each character means and maybe find an alternate part that has a minor design mod that won't effect your intended application. Mahle, another German company as you now has that service. I had a NOS set of pistons with their numbers and they could id the application down to the car from the 50's. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
I would probably buy the Marelli MT23 instead of using a Bosch starter. I know that you can use a 101 1600 Bosch starter in a 101 1300 Veloce motor, but you have to move the carb linkage in order to use the starter. I am not sure what Bosch starter would work in a 1900 Alfa engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts