Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a late model Bosch starter for a 74 GTV with 130 teeth on the ring gear.
anyone?

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
I'll check mine in storage. How soon?

·
Premium Member
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anytime in the next few weeks is fine! How are ya buddy?

·
Premium Member
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Andrew what is a Paris Rhône one? If it will work and not chew up my ring gear, and spins faster than the original 15 pounder, I’m interested for sure!!

·
Premium Member
22,973 Posts
It was one of the suppliers in 72-73, more in Europe than the US. It works but has intermittent solenoid. It was on the 2000 on my Junior Z. Yes it's 9 tooth for 130 flywheel. No idea where you might get another solenoid but maybe it just needs cleaning up.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I have one. Sending you a PM.

·
Registered
464 Posts
If its the same as a S2 9 tooth, I have one.... Bosch.
It's listed in the Parts section - For Sale.....

·
Premium Member
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Oldcanuck
Thanks for the heads up -- thats the same one I am replacing with a newer, lighter version -- I just ordered one from Andy at Performatek so I guess my need is no longer acute! That old 14 lb 0.7HP starter is a beefy starter but unfortunately it turns over way too slow for me, and I wanted to get rid of some of the weight/moment arm that heavy starter puts on the bellhousing. THese new lightweight gear reduction starters are the way to go I think : will post my results once I get the thing here and installed!

Thanks all! Happy Friday, Happy Easter

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
and Happy Easter to your clan!

Reactions: goats
1 - 10 of 10 Posts