Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale, Bosch Rebuilt starter - 9 tooth
Centerline is $289 plus $175 core.

I would be happy with $225USD...$50 more than the core.

thanks for looking
Mark

·
Registered
620 Posts
The web site says they are Out Of Stock..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In theory that makes unit this more desirable. Guy I bought it from said it was from Centerline.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
It's a tough go.. I thought CL would buy mine for 1/2 the core price... They have enough...Unfortunately post kills the proposition to the US.. Take a hun Can and run. They are door stops

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure they are door stops, all our cars use them and they do fail after a period of time. Repair shops usually take 2-3 weeks and I've yet to get in and out of one of those shops for less than $200cdn.
5 day tracked shipping with insurance is $48cdn... $36USD..

for $225USD I'll include shipping to the USA.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I have ten rebuilt starter motors from Giulietta Lucas starters to Bosch 2L. I keep extra Marelli MT40B for my Sprint Veloce and sell the rest. I would not give them away and someone will need one someday.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Not sure they are door stops, all our cars use them and they do fail after a period of time. Repair shops usually take 2-3 weeks and I've yet to get in and out of one of those shops for less than $200cdn.
5 day tracked shipping with insurance is $48cdn... $36USD..

for $225USD I'll include shipping to the USA.
I sent you a PM

·
Registered
588 Posts
This is one item I gleefully toss in lieu of a newer hi torque version. Ive changed these so many times in the pits, I see them in my sleep.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also run a WASP unit on my race car and the extra torque is awesome. I should be ashamed for trying to sell an original starter. There is no chance that aftermarket parts would have an impact on a cars score at Pebble Beach.
Or maybe there is a middle ground where some people are Ok with keeping a car original just because....but don't dare try to sell a unit here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts