Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Below is a downloadable guide on retrofitting Bosch E-code Projector Headlights based upon my personal experience. Lots of ideas and several pictures were shamelessly pirated from other BB member's posts. If anyone sees any errors, omissions, or better ways to do it, please post and I'll revise the guide.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,884 Posts
Great write up. Thanks.

The lights I got and installed were a little easier chore, as I didn't have the tilt mechanism (it can be taken off), and I didn't hook up the city light, don't need that.

One note that should be added is that if you end up with right hand drive (British, NZ, or OZ) lights, they can be changed to the left hand drive configuration by loosening internal screws, rotating the internal bracket/shield, and retightening. This I had to do with mine.

I also had a little bit of a hassle with the rhs light having a different elevation difference between the low and high beams than the lhs light (when the low beam was set correctly, the high beam was too high, or, when the high beam was set correctly, the low beam was way low). Had to make some adjustments inside the rhs light to bring it into agreement with the lhs light. There was no apparent internal damage to the light. Still puzzled by that. The lhs light was as it should be.

I also painted the bottom spacers the same body color to match. Jc96 in Italy was kind enough to locate a set of the official rubber surrounds for me, rather than cutting up the stock gaskets. Thanks for that.

Took a little while to get used to European beam patterns again, not having them since my GTV6 with Cibies. It is as mentioned a tradeoff of increased brightness vs lack of overhead sign illumination (due to the cutoff pattern). A little more of a hassle when zooming down the freeway at nighttime looking for the correct exit.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Wow! Thanks~just got a set! This will make it much easier!!

·
Premium Member
27,010 Posts
Bump up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts