Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there put a Bosch electronic fuel injected engine in an early S2 Spider?

I realize to do this you'd have to use the S3 wiring harness, bell housing, etc. not to mention, I suppose, switch at least the tach too. Any other potential issues in a conversion? Can a complete convertible top with good vinyl be easily switched?

I have an early S3 (no variable cam), running, driving, etc. and will picking up an early parts car soon, so this "idea" was sort of running through my head today! I am still regretting selling my '74 S2 five years ago!

Attachments

·
Registered
what part?
10,875 Posts
i don't think it would be that hard, the hp fuel pump is under the car allready.. but you will have to get a new bellhousing to mount the 2 flywheel sensors, + a bosch type flywheel.. motor out jog.. the wiring will be the easyest part.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not trying to be smart...but aren't you referring to an '82 model as that model year occurs naturally?
Yes, but I should have an earlier non-running stainless steel bumper one by next week.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Yes, but I should have an earlier non-running stainless steel bumper one by next week.
Nice! I was just checkin to understand what u were planning. I'm thinkin an 82 with the stainless bumpers makes for a nice driver that looks good, similar sort of, lol to what ur doin! Be sure to share what you got going, enjoy everyone's story and cars!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well we picked up the 1974 Spider late yesterday afternoon. While power washing the car we noticed that the floor boards are toast, both front and rear, so we will be using this as a parts car. The color is non-stock, originally that yellow/green color. Who knows what under the paint!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts