Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on the 2-pin connectors used all over my 86 Spider. They are used on the engine thermal switches.

Hopefully I can get both male and female.

I want to make a couple test rigs for easier troubleshooting.

Looking for part numbers, sources, etc.

Thanks,
Warren

Attachments

·
Registered
759 Posts
I know they are available from IAP as I have 6 arriving today by ups to redo those fuel injector and intake side plugs. Mine were brittle and cracked when trying to get the wire clip off. I never checked at autozone but this is del cities web site and this may work for you. If It does I way overpaid through IAP I think I spent 10$ each these are a dollar!! I was ordering other parts to redo my headgasket so I just got everything I needed in one place. Hope this helps.
Injector Solenoid Connector
Paul

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Paul

I visited website and ordered a few connectors. They also have an adapter the will provide pinouts to enable me to craft a test rig to plug connectors into (checking circuits).

I worked in a major state of the art electrical generating station for thirty two years in the instrumentation and controls area. I had test rigs up the yazoo!

Thanks again.
Warren

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
your local volvo,bmw( more pricey there) will have them.. also nissan 260 280 z cars had the same conectors 2 wire.. why not just go to a local pick and pull, with some wire cutters, ans snip a few off that you need?

·
Registered
759 Posts
your local volvo,bmw( more pricey there) will have them.. also nissan 260 280 z cars had the same conectors 2 wire.. why not just go to a local pick and pull, with some wire cutters, ans snip a few off that you need?
Great I'm glad they had what you needed.
Bianchi1-That's not a bad idea either but mine were so brittle the plastic just broke in trying to undo the clips. The connectors at del city were only a $1.03 each plus whatever shipping is. The clip looks the same as ours so I believe it will work and saves just replacing with older part. Getting alternators etc. from a pick and pull that fit and that are more cost effective is a great idea.
paul

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
use some di-electric grease on the conections,, will make it easyer to remove- replace at a later date.also that plug that you are looking for is very common on cars now days..

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think about it - you're spending time and gas to go to a junk yard to replace a twenty five year old plastic connector with another twenty five year old connector.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good point

If they weren't so available on-line, I'd probably be scouting the local yards. I've got plenty of experience doing so.

·
Administrator
16,369 Posts
They also have an adapter the will provide pinouts to enable me to craft a test rig to plug connectors into (checking circuits).
Be careful not to apply electricity to the wire harness side of the connectors - if the large connectors at the computers are not removed you could send electrons into the computer it is not expecting.

Now if you could locate some computer connectors you could make your own version of the Bosch L-jet tester.

Attachments

·
Registered
759 Posts
Be careful not to apply electricity to the wire harness side of the connectors - if the large connectors at the computers are not removed you could send electrons into the computer it is not expecting.

Now if you could locate some computer connectors you could make your own version of the Bosch L-jet tester.
That looks cool just sitting there. I have an old tube tester my grandfather had for checking vaccum tubes i have no need for it but it's just looks cool:)

·
Administrator
16,369 Posts
The Bosch tester is really just a volt/ohm meter with a rotary switch to select test #1, test #2, test #3, etc. The large connectors plug in to the car's harness allowing one to run through all the L-jet sensor tests by simply turning the rotary switch. The best part is it also tests for continuity to the computer's harness connectors. If everything checks out good then the only left is to replace the computer - i.e. it does not test the computer itself. You can do the same thing as the Bosch tester by using a volt/ohm meter and probing the appropriate pins in the harness connector (not on the computer). It just takes a little longer...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts