Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as I know, the car I am restoring was originally equipped with a Bosch JF4 distributor and a Marelli BZR201B coil. My car, a Euro spec spider 105.57, has an official factory build date of 23 January 1968. According to parts manual, both coil suppliers are listed. One wonders why they wouldn't keep the same supplier for the coil and dist. Can anyone weigh in on the topic?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a 69 spider and have been thinking about this as well. We can easily see in the parts book what is listed. Most think that a Bosch Distributor car = Bosch coil and Marelli Distributor = Marelli coil. Which makes sense. However, Alfa as well as Ferrari was known at times to use what ever was on shelf. Either coil can be used and not affect the performance. Additionally, I have had 4 Alfas from (2)1967 & (2) 69 and all had Bosch K12v coils. My current 69 had one owner , 30k and what looks like the original ignition wires with a k12v coil and marelli distributor. Of course I have no idea if they were changed out at some point in time. One note of interest I just wanted to share is; check the 1750 owners manuals- 1386-10/68 and 1386-R2 - 3/70 - last page with the fuse specs and wiring diagram. It lists a Bosch coil k12V and a marelli s.103b distributor. Very interesting!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Brian,
Have you or anyone you know reproduced the K12V Bosch decal?

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts