So putting back together the evaporator box interior unit I received disassembled. And I have a few questions in the event someone knows the answers to this rare bird:
- Heater valve: no big surprise here; it's broken. Plastic broke at the inlet neck (see pic below). I am guessing this it not repairable, though 21st century adhesives surprise me sometimes. If someone has a repair suggestion, let me know.
- But assuming it is not repairable, what is the alternate heater valve option? I know Alfettas/GTV6s can use a Jag XKE heater valve. This GTV valve looks to be the same one as an Alfetta/GTV6. Or can I just use a standard 105 one?
- And how much does the the copper thermocouple probe for the A/C matter? Guessing if I run the fan full bore to clear the moisture for prevent coil freezing, won't matter not having it.
- "Bulkhead" - the part shown in pic below. What is it? Just a flat piece of thin plastic? What does it do?
- "Gasket" at top of box - part shown in pic below. Is this just essentially foam weatherstripping type material?
1.4 MB Views: 6