Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a nice tan boot for my 92 spider. Does anyone know of a supplier for a new one?
Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
centerline or Mr. Fiat will have them
Remember you have to buy these as a sum of separate parts, so the big vinyl boot, then all the hardware (the two side plastic wings, the 2 fork hooks,(need riveting on) the other two catch bits (also riveting on) then glue the wings to the vinyl (glue extra!) and hope for the best you haven't made a mistake and it now fits on the car...;)

Personally I would look for a good used one, save yourself the hassle and it will fit properly! Even if the vinyl on a used one has slightly faded (by sun) in places you can paint them with SEM (Palomino) and they will look as good as new.
(put an ad here on BB for instance)

I have one, but I almost never use it, too much hassle to put on, go for a drive, get caught in a shower, then try take it off, put up the roof...... although it does make the car look very smart, I agree...:)

other people will be in UK or Germany:
ie. Classic Alfa
IN131 HOODBAG FOR SERIES 4 SPIDER - TAN

OKP
OKP GmbH

+ other shops will have them no doubt.

just a FYI, as there are a couple of different types:
this is the correct type for your S4 veloce...
(photo from one, an OEM alfa one, that was for sale on BB some years back in practically mint condition!...so they do appear from time to time...but they also get snapped up;))
bootcover.jpg

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
I agree these look great but I rarely put mine on also

The reason why I don't, is they are extremely tight and actually really hard to put on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts