Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1971 Alfa Romeo Spider 1750 Kamm tail
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...If my car has never had a boot cover do I need to buy some sort of hardware or clips that need to be attached onto the car?

Thanks in advance for the info!!
ED

·
Registered
1969 Alfa Spider 1750 veloce.
1,057 Posts
Mine clips on to the steel trim that wraps around the top. The clips are available at IAP and many other stores

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Generally a new boot cover will come with all the clips, snaps and butterfly strap elastics neccisary already installed on it.
(al the bits are part of the cover, not the car, with the exception of the other half of the snaps)

From there its as howndog said: they clip onto the trim around the edge of the body.

If you've no snaps present on the B pillars just behind the plastic trim, that can easily be reconciled once you have a cover to install and get things lined up as it's a standard male snap piece that gets retained by a self drilling/self tapping body screw like most all the others in that area.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Everytime I answer a post about top covers it turns they were talking about a different one than I have.
This one sounds like mine, so I'll post my photos and hope they help. :)

Attachments

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Yup, that's the style the OP would end up with.

Intersting note of little relevance:
My snap was factory in the carpet just aft of the trim piece so that the cover would come down and present a square leading edge when snapped in place.
If you look at the hardtop install manual it shows them where yours are, yet in some interior pix of folks cars, they are where mine is.
I wonder if it was one of those 'where you feel like it in this 5 square inch area'?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts