Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All;

I have a problem I would appreciate some help with. I recently lost the brakes on my 66 gt while driving. when tracking the problem, I noticed that the line from the reservoir to the master had a kink in it. I rectified the problem and for good measure took the master apart and inspected it. Everything looked fine. I reassembled the system and bled it as per standard procedure (jacking the rear of the car, bleeding back brake first, etc.) I got about half the pedal back. It doesn't pump up, it just goes about half way to the floor before I get much action. I assumed I had some air in the master since I did not bench bleed it. ( i cant figure out how to do that without making a huge mess ). I took the car to the shop to have them pressure bleed it. Now they are telling me that the inline bonaldi booster has gone bad. This is a very good mechanic and alfa owner, so I have to respect his opinion, but I don't see how this is possible. I am not leaking any brake fluid. How can a failed booster give you a mushy pedal? Anyone?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts