Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just doing the por15 tank thing today and took out the gas overfill boot and happened to look at the end. This is what I found. Could this be happening to U? Notice the dry calky tan stuff at the end of the tube.

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, Just appears to be build up over time. Just a quick jab with a coat hanger wire otta clean it out. This one is being replaced anyway....thats why its outta the car.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Curious

Just curious did you always have a gas smell from the trunk ( like I do)? I'm looking at replacing this as mine has some cracks in it. I have replaced all the vapor recovery bits and hoses already.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well can't say since I've only driven this car from California to Florida. She hasn't been on the road since I parked her in March. The cracks are what cause me to decide on replacing the boot. I've had her on jack stands and have been systemically going through every nook and cranny replacing and reconditioning everything along the way. I don't ever plan on selling this car, so I'm going to do whats right by her .... within reason. For instance the slight bit of rust I saw in the tank was enough for me to pull it out and recondition it. Good luck to you.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Hi Arden,

Keep us posted on what other little quircks you find.

The rear bumper mounting points you posted pictures of the other week really helped me and many others who had not idea how they mounted.

Many Thanks,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts