Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone know the metal spec for the 20cm bolts at the bottom of the rear suspension on 164s? (non Q4). Is it 8.8 or 10.9? I ask because the 20cm bolts I removed from the inner tie rod ends were grade 10.9 but that subframe had been previously replaced so is this the standard grade?

Also the bolts holding the front brake calipers to the hub seem to be M12 12.9 with 18mm heads and a very fine thread. Have found these available with either 19mm heads or as cap heads. Any suggestions?

1994 Alfa 164 3.0 24v manual, UK spec.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was crawling in that area today. is this the one?
Hi,
Thanks for the reply but that looks like the shorter bolt from end of the training arm to the hub - from memory, think my bolts there are 10.9s though have been replaced so not sure if the originals were too.
Was talking about the long bolt that goes front to back, at 90 degrees to this but very nearby. It runs through the hub, lower strut holes and both lateral arms, including the ones used to adjust rear tracking.
All the best.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Discovered today that the lower rear strut bolts on my 164 are all UK/EU grade 10 steel, with special zinc coating. Sorry don't know what the US equivalent is but sure one of the stars on this forum will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts