Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the bolt size on the bolts holding the rear rotors on [a 1984 GTV6]. It seems that 15 is too big, and 14 is too small. They are stuck on pretty well and I don't want to strip them. Also if you know any tricks for getting them off it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Penetrating oil! I have an Alfetta GT and I recently put a new transaxle in it. Getting the rotors off was made much easier with the oil, applied and allowed to soak in over night, then impact wrench with a 15mm socket the next morning. They all spun right off for me. I did have the trans out of the car and an air compressor which made things much easier.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she's soaking right now, and it is out of the car, but i can't really get an impact on there as the lip part of the rotor that connects to the axle half-shaft seems to be in the way. I will see what I can do though. Thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
A swivel head spanner..my tool of choice for these..and be prepared to pehaps have o grind one or two off with a baby grinder..btw,its 15mm..

·
Registered
112 Posts
i had the same issue. i used a special wrench that worked great on stripped heads. i had to cut one with the torch. learn from my mistake, you MUST find a replacement one. the torque of the engine sheered 4 of the 5 bolts busted free. so here i am 6 months later and my baby is almost back on the road. it was not that i was lazy, it was that the threads are very small and very hard to find at a store. but they are findable

1 - 5 of 5 Posts