Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am getting very close to the point where I'll hand my car over to a body shop. The car is presently shot in very high quality epoxy primer after being taken down to bare metal, however there are several patches where I've brushed the primer away to complete metal work. The shop which shot the epoxy primer is certainly on my short list, but they did some work on my 911 in the interim and I've found a few problems with it. I'll give them the chance to make the 911 right before writing them off.

I realize it is a tricky matter to ask a different shop to work over both my and another shop's work, but certainly there are good shops out there who will work with me. After all there are good shops who will do a non-bare-metal paint job, and any shop is going to need to do extensive prep work over the epoxy. I have no illusions about this being cheap or simply "shooting paint". I am very much hiring someone to take the car from being a rust free but far from laser straight body, to a very high quality driver with no excuses.

If anyone has had a good (or terrible) experience within about 100 miles of New Haven Conn, please advise.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,555 Posts
You can check with Keith Goring at Alfa's Unlimited for his suggestions. He is in Conn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts