Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be in Italy shortly and am contemplating traveling to Bologna to pick up a trunk floor for my giulietta sprint. Has anyone out there dealt with them? The trip to Bologna is quite a bit out of my way. Can one order from them long distance and have the part sent to the U S? Do they accept credit cards,,do they accept PayPal. I have been in touch with them but have yet to have these questions answered? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Have no idea about body panels. But when I was 12, my dad was stationed in Furstenfeldbruck Air Base in Bavaria, (he was in the USAF), and my school on base had a one-week bus tour of Northern Italy. Long story short, Bologna was then, and probably still is, one of the culinary capitals of Europe. I didn't know that when we stopped for lunch and I ordered the lasagna, because it was the only item on the menu I had seen before. I have never forgotten what they served me, and that was 54 years ago! It was unlike any lasagna I have seen since.

What I'm saying is, it doesn't matter how far away Bologna is, it's worth the trip just for the food. The body panels are just icing on the cake, so to speak.

Enjoy!

-Ralphie

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,026 Posts
Biondi used to go to swap meets (mostre scambio). Your best bet is to see if there is a mostre going on the same time you are in Italy. Imola used to be one of the big ones. I'm not sure if it still is. But, if Biondi is going to be there, his shop will be closed. Here's what I found:

6 - 7 - San Giovanni in Persiceto ( BO ) mostra scambio auto moto cicli e accessori - presso l'area artigianale di via Einstein - Unione polisportiva persicetana - 051.823637 - [email protected]

12 - 13 - 14 - IMOLA (BO) - MOSTRA SCAMBIO AUTO MOTO E CICLI - CO AUTODROMO ENZO E DINO FERRARI - - tel 0542.690704 Fax 0542.698315 - [email protected]

14 - San Polo d'Enza (RE) mostra scambio auto moto d'epoca nel prcheggio auto sotto il centro commerciale Pontenovo al coperto, ogni seconda domenica del mese

20 - 21 - BERGAMO - mostra scambio auto moto epoca e pezzi custom - presso aereoclub si terra anche una gara vespa di acclerazioone per vespa e scooter - info 3332163628 - [email protected] - bgexpo.it

20 - 21 - PIACENZA - co FIERA ID PIACENZA - mostra mercato scambio auto moto, cicli e TRATTORI , accessori e ricambi, documentazione e modellismo - raduno moto d'epoca e vespa - 3489030832 - Fiere ed eventi - EXPO FIERE s.r.l.

27 - 28 - CAORLE ( VE ) 19° MOSTRA SCAMBIO INTERNAZIONALE - ESPOSIZIONE AUTO e MOTO STORICHE CLUB, RICAMBI, MODELLISMO, AUTOMOBILIA- 347 5883200 - [email protected] Epoca Car, ricambi auto d'epoca e sportive - Epoca Car

28 - SANTHIA' ( VC ) mostra scambio bici auto moto classiche e d'epoca - piazza aldo moro - [email protected] - 347-2205128 - Untitled Document

28 - Monticelli d'Ongina (PC) - MERCATINO MOSTRA SCAMBIO SOLO VESPA - 331/1353086 - www.vespag.com - www.scricciologh.org/scricciolo/Home.html

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
biondi

Yes Thanks,

I've been in email conversation with them and they have consistantly made the point that they will be at Imola mid Nov. Otherwise they say come.

What I can't get out of them is whether I can just order the part or have to come to there shop. Nor have I been able to get them to tell me how they expect to be paid.

The uncertainty may lead to a bit of an adventure. I have had many adventures in Italy over the years, dog bites, credit cards that don't work, robberies, gas station strikes, to name a few, and would like to keep the negative ones to a minimum.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I saw Biondi panels in person (full length Giulia Ti ones at Superfab's) and I wanted nothing but the same superb quality level for my car. So I contacted Christian by phone....they were more than willing to have them boxed and ready to be picked up by my transport company of choice....but could only offer FOB....at their place of business. In other words, I had to do all the leg work of finding the shipping company and prepping all the export documentation. Payment at that time was only by bank transfer....another PITA when dealing with Italian banks. I got so far as to source one expediter here who quoted me 600 dollars to take care of all this for me.....needless to say I opted to go with other parts suppliers who offer full service (and Paypal) and settled for a lower level of quality on the panels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts