Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Body Kits

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  junglejustice 
#1 ·
Hello Everybody....
There is a 75 Body kit for sale on ebay, The seller states this is the official item,and does not state what or who the manufacture is. I know Lester in Italy make or made Evo molds. Was there factory molds made by Alfa them selfs or where these parts contracted out for the 1800 turbo.( 500 made) He also states that replica kits or molds manufactured in Australia, which I believe are From ex Group A Alfa racing teams are a poor fit. Is he blowing his own trumpet or is the seller genuine.(I have seen the replica molds and look fine to me.)
On a side note are Lester molds thin hand laid fiber-glass or the thick sprayed on chopper type. Cheers Jason:confused:

#2 ·
I assume you're talking about this one?

ALFA 75 SPORTS BODY KIT , RARE ITEMS - eBay, Alfa Romeo, Car Parts, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 13-Nov-07 22:54:04 AEDST)

It sounds like it's a genuine Alfa made kit that's been imported from Europe, although the lack of photos of it does concern me a little. You'd think if you had time to grab random pictures of cars with the Evo kit fitted, you'd take photos of what you're selling.

As for the replicas, at the price the guy in Sydney charges, you'd **** well expect they fit.

ROCK ON
R~R

#4 ·
Well, I think it's bull**** that the comments/questions/replies go from "...I will not give out price - not interested in side-deals - there is large interest in this item - I will let the auction run it's course..." to "...I may end the auction early - best offer owns it..." :confused: :mad:

*** - so there are two auctions going on here - the one that we can see and then the sealed-bid one on the side...? How do we participate?

Hope he chokes on it! I hate sellers like that!

I CAN tell you guys this; the fit of the Zender/Lester kit is TERRIBLE! Nothing fits right and it is going to take a GREAT DEAL of on-the-car custom glass-work and blending to make one look anything like in the pictures. You also have to pretty much repaint the entire car to make it look right!

Don't know about the fit of the OEM kit versus the after-market kits, but if it is anything like regular fiberglass, the stuff shrinks over time and it will take work to make it look nice!

If the glass on this is anything like the hopper/chopper shot-on fiber-glass of the Lester kits, it's thick and not that light! You DON'T gain any wheel-well clearance (in fact you give some up where the flares wrap inside the fender-arches...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.