Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All Giulia friends,

I need some informations, my memory forgot. Can you help me please.

I didn't find a post on the following points on the forum but, may be, I didn't look the right place. Sorry for that if it is the case.

This concerns only very early LHD floor pedal cars.

- Firewalls

I know there is a big différences in the shape of the firewalls of 62-64 TI's 10514-10508 with 65-on 10526 Super.

Does anyone have photos of the 2 types of firewall ?

- Under engine cross member

Do pré 65 car have the cross member with ears at the back

- Safety belts

Do pré 65 cars have thread inserts for safety belts ?

- Door hinges

Are there early welded in type with springs? or only welded ones ?

- Floor pans

Any différence except the shallow spare wheel well ?

- Ti Super

Where is located the electric pump in a Ti Super? like a GTA ?

All these questions, because I am interested to buy a TI Super and I want to be sure that it is its real body.

Thank you once more for your help.

Bruno

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hello Bruno,

Attached picture that shows early firewall.

Yes, early cars have ears back side of engine cross member.

No thread inserts for safety belts on early cars.

Early cars have welded hinges with springs.

Floor panels are the same on all floor pedal cars.

I think Ti Super share the same bandix pump location with Gta, only one pump on Ti Super. If you have parts book there's fuel pipe routing view that shows location, unfortunately no clear picture on there.

Hope this helps a little,
Jorma

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Jorma,

thank you for your confirmations.

Regarding the firewall, do you have a photo from cabin of the front firewall between cabin and engine ( called also bulkhead ? ).

I think it should be more round shaped than Super in its upper part behind the dash.

Upper M5 bolts of the steel dash are not at the same place as Super's one, right ?

thank you

Bruno

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Ah, I was wrong end of car :) I have never noted differences between Ti and Super dashboard mounting points. I will check the thing and let you know..

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember fitting years ago a steel dash on a 66 Super ( for racing purposes ) and there was a problem on the top screws

Supers' have only 2 M5 bolts , steel dash 4 may be . My memory is vague.

Sure the bulkhead before Supers' 10526 are different. It can't be seen on the passenger side if the dash is out.

Bruno

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yes, actually you are right, at least partially :) Super dash is bolted straight to under windshield area, three M5 bolts 34.5cm distance from each others. Ti has mounting brackets which are spot welded under windshield area, dashboard itself is bolted to brackets with three bolts with 37.5 distance.

Unfortunately I don't have any cars without dashboard at the moment, but I suspect that there is no differences in bulkhead between 105.26 and 105.14/8. The difference is Ti's mounting brackets which Super doesn't have.

It's hard to get good pictures from the area with dashboards in, anyway here's couple.
Please correct me if I am wrong!

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the photos Jorma.

I have a friend who have a fully rusted 62 column shift TI.

I asked him photos and I will post them.

Bruno

·
Registered
720 Posts
Springs on door hinge? Both type hinges are welded but early do not use a spring pin aka roll pin, they use a screw.
Also early cars have 2 bolts per side holding the lower A arm to the cross member.
I ve heard but don't know that TI Super s were made from thinner sheet metal, .....

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
There is safety pin style springs (inside the rubber boots) on at least '62 and '63 Ti door hinges to keep doors open. So '64 doesn't have that feature anymore?

·
Registered
720 Posts
My car never had that....but I would like to see one.
Doors are totally free to swing.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Not sure about firewall. Firewall is set up for gear change at steering wheel - cambio volante. Would have to look and compare my cars.64TI -cambio volante firewall added.

Photos. Don't do those very often.

2 bolt cross member. Different early bump stops - cones inside the front springs.

No provision for safety belts.

Early style hinges welded with springs.

The early bodies are quite different and much lighter. Lack of reinforcement in steering box area, different C-pillar, different outer rock panel. Fllor pans have different seat mountings but are otherwise identical to other bottom-mounted pedal cars.

TI super electric fuel pump is in same place as GTA but single only.

Hello All Giulia friends,

I need some informations, my memory forgot. Can you help me please.

I didn't find a post on the following points on the forum but, may be, I didn't look the right place. Sorry for that if it is the case.

This concerns only very early LHD floor pedal cars.

- Firewalls

I know there is a big différences in the shape of the firewalls of 62-64 TI's 10514-10508 with 65-on 10526 Super.

Does anyone have photos of the 2 types of firewall ?

- Under engine cross member

Do pré 65 car have the cross member with ears at the back

- Safety belts

Do pré 65 cars have thread inserts for safety belts ?

- Door hinges

Are there early welded in type with springs? or only welded ones ?

- Floor pans

Any différence except the shallow spare wheel well ?

- Ti Super

Where is located the electric pump in a Ti Super? like a GTA ?

All these questions, because I am interested to buy a TI Super and I want to be sure that it is its real body.

Thank you once more for your help.

Bruno

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
Mine has small tubes welded to the floor behind the drivers seat for belts . What springs and what boot?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi All,

thank you for your photos.

I will save in the near future a Giulia TI chassis 10514, drums, column shift, front bench etc.... this car served as a part donor for a racer but I think the main structure is still good even looking very tatty.

I will post photos. Here is a first one just to make you wait.

Bruno

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thanks, is that a 105-08, mine is 4487xx, but never had the attachment for that.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
My early 65 super has welded hinges with bolted pins like a TI but no springs or rubber boots like the above.

PS: when did they change Super hinges to the bolted style?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Ok, It seems that modell year 1963 has been the last one with spring hinges.

I think it was late 1965 or early 1966 when they changed from welded to bolted hinges on Super, not sure about that..

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thanks Gasolina, that was one weird spring arrangement. I guess it didn't work too well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts