Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank you Vivace .

I hope that car will look nice on the end . With so many panels in storage I am happy to try something different . I will try to fit Twin Spark head on the 1600cc old block. So it will be combination of old and new .

I think that S3 windshield and Soft top will look good on Duetto .

Only thing that I can not add it hard top hooks .

I can live with out them

I hoe in a month car will be done .

Thank you all for following .

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Take a look at my garage - the previous owner did a full on conversion from a '86 Quad to a S1 (front end). For the rear, he converted the rear tail lights to a Giulietta SS... Full steel work and an absolutely solid, very clean job.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have a lot of parts rear panels as well as back and front of the car and person that is doing welding job is making decision what will be the easiest option for him . Only part that I was looking for was one with licence plate and it was hard for me to find it that is why he used whole rear end .

·
Premium Member
5,495 Posts
Take a look at my garage - the previous owner did a full on conversion from a '86 Quad to a S1 (front end). For the rear, he converted the rear tail lights to a Giulietta SS... Full steel work and an absolutely solid, very clean job.
Actually that's an S2 front clip on your '86. Regardless it looks great!

·
Registered
528 Posts
very cool n love the tree trunk supports for the rear end, works
cant wait to see the results

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Main parts are connected back and front . Only issue is that trunk lead does not open as much as on original S1 however it is what it is . Probably some adjustment can be made but this is not concern as other body work needs to be done .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,179 Posts
I see one problem you might run into. It looks like you put the S1 doors on it. Besides not having the mountings for the power windows if you were keeping them. The S1 and S2 and later vent windows are different. Since your keeping the S3 windshield and top assembly you will need the S3 vent windows. So you would have to recreate the mounting points in the S1 doors. It might be easier to just weld the door handle opening up and redrill it for the S1 door handles. They all use the same door latch from 1969 on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thank you Jim G i was not thinking about that I will need to look in to that . I have S3 doors and first thing that we started is fitting them and than we realized. it will be easier to place 1st series doors as they were in better condition . My S 3 did not have power windows and I have S3 vent Windows so i hope it will not be to difficult to recreate mounting points .

21 - 37 of 37 Posts