Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
Leaving this here so I don't have to look for it later:

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Bob.

Do you have the factory parts book for the GTV?

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #564

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #565
Bob is after something as close as possible to the OEM female spade connectors with the plastic insulator.
View attachment 1671582
Exactly. That’s what I am looking for. None of mine look that good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Reactions: horsewidower

·
Registered
870 Posts
Logged in for the first time in a while and pleasantly surprised to see the progress! Paint is cleaning up nicely, and you're making headway on the drivetrain as well.

Having said that, if you finish before Christmas, I'll miss out on the smarta** comments that show up in this thread every December :(

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #568
I hate to disappoint on the wisecracks, but it’s got to happen sometime... I think

·
Push hard and live
10,922 Posts
Ommmmmmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #570
Leaving this here for future use: Canadian 73 GTV Resto

I don't have any current desire to dive into the full blown body work, as we're sorta doing this as a "survivor". But, the day will come.

·
Administrator
14,308 Posts
Yes great restoration that one!

Pete

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #572
Well, shoot! I better order the AC lines and condenser before I put the engine and transmission back in. I really don’t want to go backwards after getting it running.

I’ve spent a bunch of time just cleaning the engine bay. Broke out the little steam machine. So much better than spraying gallons and gallons of cold water on grime and grease. Very little water is used, much easier to clean up.

Bob

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #573
Pictures:

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #574
I'm having a bit of time finding a diagram that shows how the brake booster mounts to the pedal assembly. I think I'll just start taking everything apart and see what happens. Everything has a bunch of corrosion so it all has to come out and be brightened up.

Someone was asking about the AC wiring and whether or not it's a separate harness. I believe that it is and I'll take pictures when I get to that part.

I also tend to agree with Don, parts of the AC installation was started at the factory, but the rest was probably completed at the port of entry. The black you see in the front of the engine bay was overspray from them painting the AC condenser. Also, there were several of the AC hose holders that were affixed with self taping screws. I think the argument will continue.

Thanks for following along
Bob

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
I'm having a bit of time finding a diagram that shows how the brake booster mounts to the pedal assembly. I think I'll just start taking everything apart and see what happens. Everything has a bunch of corrosion so it all has to come out and be brightened up.

Undo the 2 nuts on top that you see in the engine compartment. Then inside are another 2 nuts against the firewall. There easy to get to.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #576
Undo the 2 nuts on top that you see in the engine compartment. Then inside are another 2 nuts against the firewall. There easy to get to.
Does that take the pedal assembly out, also?

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Yes. It all comes out together. Then you remove the booster from the pedal assembly.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #578
Yes. It all comes out together. Then you remove the booster from the pedal assembly.
Fantastic, much simpler than I thought. I thought it might all come out as a unit, it would be a lot easier working on it all on the bench.

I think I looked through 5-6 reference books trying to figure it out. There is no substitute for experience.

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
You will have to twist and turn it side to side and squeeze the pedal arms together to get them past the steering column. If you pull the pedal pads off it easier.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #580
Jim, as always, your advice is invaluable. Thanks.

561 - 580 of 611 Posts