Alfa Romeo Forums banner

521 - 531 of 531 Posts

·
Push hard and live
10,684 Posts
Or, I could meet you at the Jackson airport and you could come along with me to Tracy.

·
Premium Member
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #522
Don, what a marvelous thought. Unfortunately, the entire day is already beset by numerous tasks, leaving me unable to participate. Thank you very much for the opportunity.

Bob

·
Push hard and live
10,684 Posts
No worries. Nothing ventured...

Reactions: horsewidower

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I've thought about kicking off a new thread on the GTV part of the forum to chronicle this year. We're at 511 posts, and over 99K views here and it's become a bit of a challenge to read through the whole thing.

Any thoughts?
Bob, You might get a larger following on the GTV part of the forum, but you may get a lot more noisy advice. But, I think BBers like @1750GT, @PSk and @r-mm have benefitted by blogging their restorations in the GTV section. Regardless, do what’s easier for you and keep at it! Looking forward to seeing your GTV on the road some day soon. Ken

·
Administrator
14,057 Posts
Yes I have, definitely

Pete

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
See my thread(s) mentioned here. I'll say not only did I get unbelievable advice along the way - I use my own threads to remember stuff I did 10 (!?!?) years ago.

·
Push hard and live
10,684 Posts
Bob. You dog.

I got a tailwind this morning on the way to Larry’s, who was expecting me, which boosted my ground speed to up around 220 mph. Called him when I got to the Tracy airport, only to be told you’d showed up and he’d be about 20-30 minutes late.

Kind of a buzzkill after catching such a wave on the way.

·
Premium Member
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #528
Oh, bummer. You should have rang and I'd have picked you up for some coffee.

Always good to see you.

·
Push hard and live
10,684 Posts
I was on a schedule to get up to Jackson, as I had an appointment to get some radio work done. Alas, upon arrival I was told things were backed up and it would be a couple of weeks. Oh well.

We’ll catch up at some point.

·
Registered
1978 Spider Project
30 Posts
I find this thread very encouraging! Thank you for continuing to post. What you're doing to make the car roadworthy are the same things I'm working on with my '78 Spider project. Also, I don't feel as bad about my time frame - I've been working on mine for just over a year. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #531
521 - 531 of 531 Posts