Alfa Romeo Forums banner

481 - 500 of 531 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #481
I skim read "I spent a couple of days during the holidays creating a space to put the GTV", while my eyes cast ahead and saw the floor had been cut up. My initial thought was you were over it and were about to bury the car :D :D :D

Pete
LOL

Oh you know me too well.

·
Premium Member
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #483
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 🤦‍♂️

You guys are killing me.

I've owned this thing for 15 years...It's going to at least go around the block under it's own power before I bury it.

I do have access to a backhoe...

·
Premium Member
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #484
Or, given the amount of horse manure available, I could just bury it in that. It'd return to the earth pretty quickly.

·
Push hard and live
10,684 Posts
We define a “Nevada prenup” as “five acres and a backhoe”. Can your wife operate the backhoe?

Reactions: horsewidower

·
Premium Member
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #486
My wife drives a tractor several times a day...

·
Premium Member
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #487
Confirmed with my son that he will be over Saturday to move the GTV into it's new home.

Also ordered the parts to rehab the brake calipers.

·
Push hard and live
10,684 Posts
New home? Garage slot with tools in it? Oddly, I'm really excited at the possibility you may have joined a 12-step program and gone back to your first project, abandoning all others.

·
Premium Member
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #489
It's own garage! With power, lights, compressed air, etc.

A bit extravagant if I do say so myself.

·
Premium Member
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #490
Put her back in the garage. I'm very happy to get that done.

Gave her a quick foam and rinse, then the boys helped push her in. I did an exterior hand wash once she was settled. I like to do that to find all the pimples that I've forgotten about. Also, I'll put some kind of work into the paint as it is chalky and likely will absorb greasy hand prints, making them hard to get out.

·
Premium Member
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #491
Soooooo, I started this journey almost exactly a dog's year ago. (Yeah, yeah, 7 years!!!)

2021: The Year of the GTV!

:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
14,057 Posts
She's trying hard to control her excitement, but heck she's already popped her grill off :eek:

Pete

·
Premium Member
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #493
She's a randy lass.

·
Premium Member
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #494
Does anyone have any experience with this new wiring harness vendor?:

They have a harness set up for a LHD SPICA GTV. Although it doesn't include the AC part, I can do that.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Is yours that butchered?

Does your car have factory a/c?

I wonder if the new harness includes the seat belt lock out and the factory by pass to get rid of it.

·
Administrator
14,057 Posts
I think I saw this company on a tv show called 'Wheeler Dealers'. Looked professional, etc.

Pete

·
Premium Member
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #497
Jim, I have factory AC.

I'm looking at the price and I can't rebuild mine for that cost. Everything is pretty old and rickety. If I was to rehab it I'd need to go through each and every connector.

Good to know, Pete. I'll see if I can find the episode.

·
Push hard and live
10,684 Posts
I always recommend Lionel Velez for harnesses. Probably double or more than the cheapest. If you value your time, and the quality of your work, Lionel is the guy.

·
Premium Member
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #499
Maybe I'm growing wiser:

My only goal as I look forward to two weeks off is that the transmission and engine are out of the car by 1/3/2021.

Who knows what the honey-do list will look like (and usually sprung on me on a day to day basis by the Lovely Donna), what items are going to break and need fixing, whether or not I have all the tools on hand.

I'll update as we go along. The nice thing is that many of the ancillaries that need to be removed...were removed years ago.

·
Administrator
14,057 Posts
Honey-do list is the priority, but I always find the ones about putting something up amusing. Especially when she complains about how long it is taking and I politely reminder her that the thing that I am putting up needs something to be put up against, i.e. it cannot just float suspended in the air. Then I'm in trouble for over engineering everything :D

But she has better ideas than I do, and amazingly there are things other than Alfas that need these ideas :)
Pete

481 - 500 of 531 Posts