Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across an old Bobcor newsletter that I received back in the early '70's that had this cool shot of the Montreal race car.
Enjoy!

OldAlfaGuy

Attachments

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Sorry it's crooked but the shot apparently was taken by someone lying down on a sofa :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
Regarding the 3 liter engine: it is a 3 liter flat-plane crank from a Tipo 33?

If I recall correctly the Montreal street cars came with a 2.6 liter cross-plane crank.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
does anybody know where this car is now?
Search this BB. There are other threads on the BOBCOR Montreal.

Ciao

Ken

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Regarding the 3 liter engine: it is a 3 liter flat-plane crank from a Tipo 33?
According to Cozza himself (as told to Bruce Taylor) the engine was "a 3.3L from a Tipo 33". I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but Autodelta modified everything on a production Montreal in order to build Bobcor's car.

Or ... it could be a typo. If it was an "off-the-shelf engine" from a 33/3, it was a 2998 ccm flat crank engine. I don't know. You're right about the standard Monty engine: 2593 ccm V8 with a cross-plane crank.

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
Bobcor Montreal-

I don't want to extend this thread if it's not the right place but the car is still in Huntington Beach CA with the Galich family. The engine was a Tipo 33 motor that was sold some years ago.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I started working at Bobcor in '78. When we had the fire in our Bergenfield NJ shop ,Bob cried at all the memorabilia that was lost ,I saw it all.

And besides staying at a Holiday Inn Express I got to meet Bert and shake his hand:punk:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts