Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Giulia Sprint GT
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a difference between AR327 and AR506? Both are called Bluette. I've recently saw a color sample of AR327, and it looked very 'electric' compared to how I imagine it.
I'm trying to decide what to paint my '65 Sprint GT, and Bluette was on the list (but not the 'electric' version!).
The other colors I'm considering are Acqua di Fonte and the factory original color Biancospino.
I've attached a photo of the color sample I saw and a car painted the color I think of when I imagine Bluette for reference.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1965 Giulia Sprint GT
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow! 102 views and not a single response!
Any Bluette owners out there who can comment on the difference, if any, between AR327 and AR506?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Well, I'm loving the blue of that GTA replica, and I ike the other blue too. But I have not seen many in these two colours.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I had a parts car that was bluette and it was definitely a lot closer to the pic of the stepfront you have shown. The other blue sample looks like le mans blue?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Absolutely have to agree with both Pancho and Derek's comments. If bluette is the colour as shown on the stepnose GTA rep, my vote goes with that. It looks fantastic.

I know there are fans of Le Mans blue but for my perspective this probably works better with later series 105s rather than earlier ones. If I wasn't going to paint my Giulia Super in Dutch blue (dark navy blue) then I would go for bluette. Hmn I could always aim to have my 1750 GTV done in bluette.

·
Registered
1965 Giulia Sprint GT
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Derek, Pancho and Super1600,
Thank you all for your comments. Yes, that picture of that GTA replica is what made me put Bluette on my list. I think it looks amazing. The other pictures I've seen of Bluette cars on the BB look similar to that one, so I guess now it's a matter of finding out the correct formula!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts