Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to do a radio delete in my GTV, and install a unit in the glove box that acts as a bluetooth receiver. I'm not interested in getting an adapter for the existing radio. Ideally, I'd like to have a small and nondescript unit in the glove box as it'll never been seen. It just needs to connect via bluetooth to my iphone. Has anyone done anything like this?

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,
I installed an £8 bluetooth receiver unit in the glove box, this was fed from a normal cigarette lighter socket and wired to a set of modern 6.25" speakers hidden under some original 1970's grilles on the back parcel shelf.

Its never going to win any awards for sound but it is nice having something in the background when driving. Phone connects up automatically as soon as ignition comes on and I can then just stream a playlist controlling volume from my phone.

Regards,
Matt.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
If you have a cassette player in your car you can check Amazon as they have a # of cassette bluetooth receivers which uses your radio in car.Haven't purchased one but probably will as seems to be easy alternative.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I’ve used this 4 channel amplifier with Bluetooth on my S2. Unit is small and can be concealed under the dash behind the glove box

344CBDCA-94EE-49EC-AD10-F81079A0A2DB.jpeg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is super helpful! Thanks all for providing advice and guidance! Bluetooth amp should do the trick!

Cheers,

Pete

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Kenwood KAC-M1824BT from Crutchfield not difficult to install at all I also have Polk speakers incredible sound
Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts