Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy peeps,

OBO: Stuff off a parts car Milano Gold in my driveway, car is located in Elmhurst IL (about 40 minutes from Chicago, less than 10 minutes with traffic from Besic Motorsports):

Drivetrain:
-Ex-Mike Besic car
-Headers and exhaust are claimed for
-AAV missing, MAS missing.
-Stock 2.5L cams and injectors
-Otherwise, complete engine and transmission

Interior:
-Surface mold but intact
-Complete cloth interior in great overall condition (seriously, this is pretty good.)

Chassis & Bodywork:
-Very rusty, will need a complete floor replacement.
-A few body panels are good. Hood is fine.

Suspension:
-Car looks lowered, not sure if it's modified but being a Besic car I wouldn't bet against it.
-Things look rusty down there.

Will not ship, so make me an offer and come get whatever you want. I will also consider taking offers for the entire car, it does have a title.

Will pull the drivetrain, but will not ship it. Will make a deal if you come down and help us pull it, courtesy beer/beverage of choice included.. ;)

WARNING- Terrible potato cam pictures:

Ciao,
-=Andre=-

·
Premium Member
15,620 Posts
"Complete cloth interior in great overall condition (seriously, this is pretty good"

Wish you lived in the Seattle area. Would seriously talk to you about the interior seats, etc.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Complete cloth interior in great overall condition (seriously, this is pretty good"

Wish you lived in the Seattle area. Would seriously talk to you about the interior seats, etc.
Well, I don't even know how to figure out shipping. If you have any idea and can help me through the process, I might consider.

·
Administrator
16,767 Posts
An idea for shipping - check with Fastenal. They will ship items from one store to another. I shipped an MGA transmission by attaching it to a pallet and dropping it off at the Fastenal store near me. 10-14 days later it arrived at a Fastenal store in Utah. They don't have tracking but as long as you are not in a big rush it seemed to work well. IIRC, the fee was ~ $125 - $150.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An idea for shipping - check with Fastenal. They will ship items from one store to another. I shipped an MGA transmission by attaching it to a pallet and dropping it off at the Fastenal store near me. 10-14 days later it arrived at a Fastenal store in Utah. They don't have tracking but as long as you are not in a big rush it seemed to work well. IIRC, the fee was ~ $125 - $150.
Good deal! Sounds simple enough.

Front brake calipers are SOLD and no longer available.

·
Premium Member
15,620 Posts
Alas, shipping would be costly in any event, and I would also have to see them in person to decide.

I never understood why our Gold came with silver interior, but with some Verde stuff on the outside. Weird.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
How much for the gas cap?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi.
I will 25 plus mailing cost to me in Toronto ,
For the mirror switch ,
D
I was hoping to have the entire car gone, the interior in special is in pretty good shape so it's not ideal to start pulling off small items. I'll contact you if there are no takers on the car.

I am making exceptions to the rule for more expensive parts, $25 is not quite there.

How much for the gas cap?
Same as above. I really want that car gone...

More pictures from a few hours ago, and better ones of the interior. Mold on the interior is from the car being parked outside uncovered for years.

The drivetrain would be a great Spider/Giulia swap for those more adventurous. Alas, I am no longer that person.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Howdy peeps,

OBO: Parts car Milano Gold in my driveway, car is located in Elmhurst IL (about 40 minutes from Chicago, less than 10 minutes with traffic from Besic Motorsports):

Drivetrain:
-Ex-Mike Besic car
-Headers and exhaust are claimed for
-AAV missing, MAS missing.
-Stock 2.5L cams and injectors
-Otherwise, complete engine and transmission

Interior:
-Surface mold but intact
-Complete cloth interior in great overall condition (seriously, this is pretty good.)

Chassis & Bodywork:
-Very rusty, will need a complete floor replacement.
-Some of the body panels are good. Hood is fine.

Suspension & Brakes:
-Car looks lowered, not sure if it's modified but being a Besic car I wouldn't bet against it.
-Things look rusty down there.
-Fancy dimpled brake discs.
-No front brakes! Already claimed/sold.

PM me, considering any offer/OBO. Car has a clean title. Bring a trailer!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Hi, I'm interested in the front rubber bumper accordions and the steering wheel. Will that mold/funky stuff clean off the wheel leather? Also, not sure if you mean you won't ship the big stuff or if you meant anything. I would need this shipped but it seems easy enough as nothing is very big or heavy.
Many thanks....

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi, I'm interested in the front rubber bumper accordions and the steering wheel. Will that mold/funky stuff clean off the wheel leather? Also, not sure if you mean you won't ship the big stuff or if you meant anything. I would need this shipped but it seems easy enough as nothing is very big or heavy.
Many thanks....
Hey!

I would still like to sell the car as a whole, but I am not getting a lot of interest. We are getting close to a point where we will likely part her out and send the shell to a junkyard...

If so, I will definitely sell you the steering wheel (yes, I think the mold will come out without issues) and accordions.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Still interested in gas cap.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts