Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find the answer to this so I do apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere.
I just recently changed the AC Compressor in my 164L and I have yet to put pressurize the system. Before the switch my Blower worked, however now it currently doesn't turn on. I'm just wondering if the system has to be pressurized in order for the blower to activate.
-CoreSeries

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,568 Posts
No, blower motor should run anytime you push either ECON or AUTO buttons on A/C panel.

Check both a/c system fuses - hidden 40A fuse bar on backside of false firewall directly behind same looking 40A fuse bar on front side of false firewall and 10A F12 fuse right hand fuse in second row from bottom of main fuse panel G1 under dash.

Blower motor relay Q15 is behind false firewall under square black plastic cover. If F12 fuse OK relay should click when key on and AUTO or ECON buttons pushed.

Blower motor speed control mounted in front of big black evaporator box also behind false firewall. Look for a square 4-wire connector behind false firewall in area just behind upper engine mount to chassis attach point.

Report your findings on fuse condtions, connectors, relay etc.

Was blower motor working quietly before this no run condition started?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
blower screaching too

My blower motor has been making intermediate noises sometimes a mild rattle churping noise for the past two years, but when I took the LS to Lars Anderson Auto Museum last Sunday driving through a constant down pour the motor was not too happy. Now it's making a screeching sound and at one time I saw ? smoke come out of the vents. So , I turned off the A/C off driving around Boston.
On the way home it seem to work OK but driving in the city where was a peroid of time that the blower would not come on???

Back in WH all seemed back to normal. I been packing grease into the driver side of the motor housing for forstall replacing the motor.

I guess I will have another thing to do this fall/winter.

Question, if the motor seizes will it blow a fuse?

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,568 Posts
Question, if the motor seizes will it blow a fuse?
May melt 40A fuse bar for it behind false firewall or relay under black square box.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Thanks will check it out.
Sorry to hijack the thread but sometime like events occur.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to touch back and say thanks. Go figure it was only the F12 fuse. (I'm lucky) but prior to that it wasn't making any sorts of sound. I had just replaced all the fuses so I guess I assumed it that the fuses would have held up. Regardless, switched it out, she stared blowing! Thanks guys!
-CoreSeries

1 - 6 of 6 Posts