Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is my blind spot monitor:
2018 Stelvio TI AWD. The window display says my car has the Driver Assistance Package option with Blind Spot Monitor listed. Manuel says to activate/deactivate go to Infotainment/ settings/ safety and Blind Spot will be listed. But it is not. I cannot find any other reference. The Driver Assistance Package option was $600. So where is it?

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Do you get yellow triangles on your side mirrors when cars are following you in blind spots? if yes monitor's working. Don't remember seeing an option to deactivate it in settings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. No lights on mirrors. No place in settings to activate/deactivate. It seems the car does not have the feature even though the windo sticker says I paid for it.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Have you tried turning lane departure system on-off. Its the silver button on the left column switch (turn signal). Wife was driving Stelvio past few day, didn't get a chance toexperiment.

·
Premium Member
9,777 Posts
Thanks. No lights on mirrors. No place in settings to activate/deactivate. It seems the car does not have the feature even though the windo sticker says I paid for it.
What feature exactly? Please post the sticker.

·
Premium Member
9,777 Posts
See mine. Mine has the "Drivers Assistant Static package". This has the blind spot and cross path detection. If not small triangles in mirror, then you don't have it.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you tried turning lane departure system on-off. Its the silver button on the left column switch (turn signal). Wife was driving Stelvio past few day, didn't get a chance toexperiment.
Just tried that to no results. Dealer technitions cannot explain other than the factory just did not install that feature. They want to open a case study. So we will see.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See mine. Mine has the "Drivers Assistant Static package". This has the blind spot and cross path detection. If not small triangles in mirror, then you don't have it.
Mine has the same packages and all is there except the blind spot alert! My sticker shows the same package as the post above. I am attaching it.
alfeo.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,777 Posts
Does your mirrors have the triangles in them? Does your vin match this vin on the paper?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does your mirrors have the triangles in them? Does your vin match this vin on the paper?
No. Cannot see any outline where they should light up according to the pictures in the manual and they certainly do not light up when the car starts as theh are supposed to. Yes the vin matches on the car and on the window sticker and on the registration.

·
Premium Member
9,777 Posts
No. Cannot see any outline where they should light up according to the pictures in the manual and they certainly do not light up when the car starts as theh are supposed to. Yes the vin matches on the car and on the window sticker and on the registration.
Then you need to ask the dealer what's up? Could well be a mistake and if you purchased new they need to give you a refund for that feature.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Then you need to ask the dealer what's up? Could well be a mistake and if you purchased new they need to give you a refund for that feature.

View attachment 1612322
So far the dealer has been receptive but their techs have no clue. That was one of the features I really wanted, so I don't want money but a Stelvio with the blind spot feature as promised on the window sticker. I have seen a factory rep make comments on other forums, but how can I get them involved?

·
Premium Member
9,777 Posts
Go on the Giulia Forum, not sure any of those folks are here. It might just not be enabled? Not sure. Either way something is wrong. Take a pic of your mirror.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Brian, thank you for your posts. I was not aware of the rules you cited and apologize for violating them. Hopefully I will not violate any other rule while I am learning how to participate in the forums.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts