Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I thought for sure there was a thread on bleeding the ABS brakes, but I'll be damned if I can find it. I have an '87 Milano Platinum, and if I remember correctly, there is a specific method for bleeding the front calipers. If one of you kind folks could point to the correct thread OR tell what the procedure is, I would be most grateful...

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
i've been doing it like the shop manual says for my verde. Do the rears first by jacking up the rear and just pressing and holding the brake pedal and cracking open the rear bleed screws with the help of a friend with the IGNITION ON!. Do all four bleed screws.

Lower the rear of the car and jack up the front. You don't need to take the wheels off, just get an 11mm wrench and with the *IGNITION OFF* pump the pedal slowly 5-7 times and hold it. Then the caliper bleed screw will be opened until the pedal hits the floor. Close the screw and keep on doing it until no more air is coming out. Do the passenger side first, then the driver's side.

I'm sure you knew most of that already, I didn't want to leave much out just incase. And basically, the front end is like a conventional car, the rear is what is different.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply.

Somewhere in the back of my brain I remember something about having the ABS pump running. However, if you're coming from the manual, well, can't ask for a better source..
Hey, I sent you a PM, too.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Sorry, I meant the rear brakes need the pump running and the ignition on. The front breaks are like a conventional car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts