Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Blaupunkt Frankfort AM/FM/SW radio

Period correct '69-'71 Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio. This radio has been refurbished and has no flaws in appearance, volume or tone. Radio goes from 88 to 104 Hz and has European buttons for AM, FM, SW. Normally sells for $400 - $550. I have no use for it anymore. $250 Shipping included. Radio photo is on left. Like one installed on right.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
That's a model sold in the European market. USA models would have AM, FM, and possibly SW (shortwave) on the buttons. Also, the FM range would go up to 108. The LMKUU and a range ending with 104 is definitely for the Euro market. Yours looks like a model 7.635.640 from 1972.

Here's a USA Frankfurt model: (not mine)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Fits Duetto. Frankfurt for USA had a label on the side that said FrankfurtUSA. In a Duetto, these are great, because the Duetto is so noisy. What you need is loud, not fine audio quality. I have one, still working.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Shade Tree and Dr G are correct. I have 5 of these and 4 of them are all Frankfurts and are all different. I have corrected the thread and included a photo of the make and serial number. Thank you both for catching my error. This is the one I thought was the one I was selling, but it is installed in a '71 Spider.

To answer the question about install in the Duetto. Yes, I have installed them in a '67 Duetto. No problem encountered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts