I was looking at it too (mostly lust!) and it is a very pretty car.
Here are a couple of things that I was thinking about while day dreaming:
1. It has a reserve. The guy could easily want $10k for this car considering the amount of work that has been done.
2. Its pretty hard to believe that this 88' Milano has only 26,000 miles. If it is 26k on the rebuild, it will need a new timing belt. Acctually, even if those are original miles, it will need a new timing belt. When were the donuts last changed?
3. Who assembled the engine and did all the work? I could be wrong, but hasnt Sperry been closed for a while? The heads have to be atleast 4 years old.
4. The seller seems to know a lot about the car, I wonder why he is selling it?
5. hood looks like it needs new clearcoat
6. I had those seats in an old gtv6, they are really comfy and im totally diggin the black and maroon
7 I really like the car... want to lend me some $$$
Second owner of this California/Bay area car! Red exterior with camel interior.
For those interested I will be continuously updating this ad with pictures and more details!
My aim is to be forthright and honest about this vehicle as no Alfa this age is perfect!
It is with some trepidation that I list this car for my good friend, long time Alfa owner and fellow AROC, Atlanta Chapter, past president –W.L. Wagnon. This gorgeous 1969 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV was picked up at the factory by its original caretaker, John Whey and transported to the Panama Canal...
Wanting to find a new home for my baby. I have had this car since 1997 when I bought it from now defunct Italian Motors in Austin, Tx. I put a lot of money into restoring it to original condition. Tragedy struck in 2000 when I was cut off and while avoiding the idiot I hit the median and...
Rare '64 floor shift 1300 Giulietta Berlina in even rarer original condition with 42K original kilometers on the odometer. The paint is remarkable considering its age. It spent its entire life in a dry garage and has zero rust. The underside has period correct, oily undercoating and even the...