1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exterior: Black
Interior: Doesn't Matter
Mileage: Under 100k, please
Location: Anywhere in the Northeast. (PA/NJ/DE/NY) even better.

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had my all Black 93 out today on a rare sunny day here in Seattle and received multiple compliments. The all Black spiders are special, with everything either Black or chrome. Mine was repainted last year, with a clear coat. A timeless, mature car.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and........the Black Spider's are the fastest ones!!! :D
I went to see an '88 black quad today in NJ. Asking price of $6500. 108k miles on the body, 49k miles on the engine. Paint is somewhat dull, interior (carpets) are a little iffy. What do you guys think about that asking price?

AK

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like a phenomenal car. Western OH is a bit of a trek for me though. That car seems priced well. Cosmetically, not a fan of tan tops on black spiders- but hell, who drives with the top up, anyway?

AK

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to see an '88 black quad today in NJ. Asking price of $6500. 108k miles on the body, 49k miles on the engine. Paint is somewhat dull, interior (carpets) are a little iffy. What do you guys think about that asking price?

AK
Any opinions at all?

·
Registered
47 Posts
An opinion

The driving consideration is the price you are willing to pay. If you seek a spider in the 5k or less range, then there you go. I'm no expert, but my sense of the market is that pretty nice S3-S4 spiders are available right now in the 7,500-10k range. There are potential bargains, with good investment potential, in that 7500-10K range. For 10k+, you have an opportunity to purchase an exceptional spider, if you must, if you buy wisely. As for which year, that is a personal decision, but from what I can tell, there are a fair quantity of very late 80s S3s and 90's S4 spiders available, in very good original condition. It may take a few months to find the right one, but this should not be a rushed purchase. My subjective preference is the all Black S4. In that iteration, the spider has the best electronics, solid mechanicals, as well as a body that pays homage to the original S1. It appears both fresh and vintage. I am constantly asked what year it is and I think people expect me to say "1968". The all Black interior, exterior and top finish unifies all the modern bits and pieces, all the little things that otherwise violate the eye. Just one person's subjective opinion.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BUMP! Any other Black Quads in the area? I'm willing to take a trip for the right one...

Aris

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any Alfa BBers in Long Island that would be able to help me take a peak at a Spider this weekend? Westhampton area...

Would be MUCH appreciated!

·
Registered
10 Posts
black 87 spider quad

Are you interested in looking at the 87 Quad in Toronto? We can discuss price. I realize the price quoted was high due to the valuation when the dollar exchange was higher. As mentioned it has 139,000 km which is 84000 miles.
Pls advise

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are you interested in looking at the 87 Quad in Toronto? We can discuss price. I realize the price quoted was high due to the valuation when the dollar exchange was higher. As mentioned it has 139,000 km which is 84000 miles.
Pls advise
Hi there,

No, but thank you for following up on this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you still looking for that black Spider? I want to sell my 1990 Black Spider
Veloce--tan interior--one owner--60,000 miles. I am in Memphis TN and the
car is stored --good condition though--I am asking $12,000 but if youre interested what would you offer?
let me know at my email address [email protected]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts