Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a new bipass hose in and my old hose does not have a restrictor in it. The hose that goes from thermostat to water pump. How important is it and is there something easy to do to fix this? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,531 Posts
I am putting a new bipass hose in and my old hose does not have a restrictor in it. How important is it....?
Not that important. All of my Alfas have been missing that part, and it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

If the bypass restricter were important, someone would be selling replacements or substitutes.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I was just making sure the engine I pulled did not have one and it was a runner.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Just went through this with my 1986 Spider: I replaced the hose without the restrictor and it didn't make any difference in this hot weather. Its supposed to be there to help the engine warm up faster. Since I drive the car all year, I decided to take the restrictor out of the old hose and install it in the new hose. I do remember the car warmed up quickly on cold days, not sure how the restrictor would affect the car until the weather cools down this winter- a few months from now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts