Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm ready to install the front Bilstein s.a (F4-B46-0463-H1) and I'm wondering what to do with the two metal washers and the two rubbers on the top. The originals s.a. have only one rubber and several metal washers, then two nuts. How must I install them ? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
You need the 2 rubber bushings on either side of the metal mount. A metal washer under and a metal washer over with a nut on top. Sounds like we're making a Sundae!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
It should look like this:

That is NOT and Alfa frame, just a reference.....

We were taught to tighten then nut to compress the rubbers until they squished out to the same OD as the washer and no more. That is my .002 on that.

Waving to Darren!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of the two rubbers has a relief, it's a circle, it just goes into the hole of the metal mount. Must I put it under or over the metal mount ?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the good infos, I hope I will able to help you too later !

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Oh, hey, there was a recent thread where someone was asking about why the top of the stud on the right damper was cut off.

Almost positive you'll run into the same scenario, so it might be worth a read, cause one way or the other you're going to be needing a bit more room than what is actually there.

EDIT:
Thread w/pix is here.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okkk...I'll take care and post a picture of mine as soon it will be installed !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts