15,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a good used set of Bilsteins. $175 + shipping from South Carolina. SOLD

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno. They were on the Verde when I bought it. I think that the PO installed them and he did not have it for very long before he sold it. The car has done 15k miles in the 4 years that I have owned it. They operate smoothly and show no signs of wear.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Can you read the part numbers off of them?

Bilstein shows different part numbers for the Milano and GTV6. I have a GTV6 (1983) that I would be using them on.

Thank you,

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Front: F4-B46-1175-H0
Rear: F4-B46-1176-H0

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know why Bilstein list different models for the Milano and GTV6 whereas Koni list the same shocks for both cars?

Mine are listed for Milano but they will obviously fit a GTV6.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Ed,

I think it is due to the different torsion bars that the Milano have compared to the gtv6. As far as I know, Milanos and later gtv6s (1984-86) have longer torsies so they have specfic shocks, while alfetta gts and 1981-1983 gtv6s have shorter bars and then have specific shocks.

I have a 1982 alfetta gt and I´ve been searching for good used shocks (Koni or Bilstein) and the ones I have crossed with are for Milano/later gtv6 and had to let them go although I recall that some have fitted them in earlier cars.

Recently I let go a NOS set of Bilsteins very well priced:(

·
Registered
353 Posts
I asked on ALFAGTV6.COM • Index page and the indication there is that the Milano shocks have a bump stop on the shock itself. The GTV6 (early) has the bump stop on the body of the car. I haven't found any indication that the valving is different.

Tis what I have read on the internet so far...

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That is interesting. So it looks like they will work fine on a GTV6?

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think that you can if you remove the bump stops and make some arrangement for dust boots...at least from what I read.

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine have SPICA dust boots

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Bilsteins

Merritt Carden told me once these can blow and shoot across the room. Never point them where they might hurt. Just what Merritt told me, no personal experience but I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I knew that I should have had a concealed weapons permit when they were on my car.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Hesitated to mention it, but Merritt said he saw one that blew, shot across the room and stuck in the wall. It made an impression on me and I didn't forget it. Bought Koni's since, and well, I'm Dutch heritage anyway.

And Koni just replaced four of my old shocks!

·
Premium Member
15,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bilsteins are SOLD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts