Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Beautiful- looks like a "no-issues car", but not one I'd want to ever drive regularly! Too nice unless you're a collector or just plan to show it, but I'd love to own it regardless!:D

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Hey Mark:

Have you ever seen one of these before?:D You'll have to tell Dick.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Hey Mark:

Have you ever seen one of these before?:D You'll have to tell Dick.

Best Regards,
John M

Once upon a time.....in a barn, far, far away I came across a 2600 or two or three. ;)

Someday they will see the light of day, feel the pavement running under their tires, howling through the wind of Central Kentucky........that is, as soon as I find my wife a good job!!:D

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
It's good to see the 2600's get the recognition they deserve, money similar to the Austin Healey 3000, I've owned and like both but the 2600 is so much more automobile, unfortunately too expensive for me at this time. This car looks nice, my best guess is it will be a '63 production date, the later production dates, if I remember correctly, had 4 -wheel disc brakes and the reverse opening bonnet, it's kind of difficult to tell from the photo. At this price I don't like the white upholstery, it looks like a vintage dealer motorola is in the trunk to replace that ugly modern radio misplaced in that vintage dash.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The company selling the car is quite honest and ethical,although often overpriced. This being said, the VIN on the plate does not correspond to the numbers that I am finding on the FUSI list.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
The company selling the car is quite honest and ethical,although often overpriced. This being said, the VIN on the plate does not correspond to the numbers that I am finding on the FUSI list.
FYI: The photos do not show the VIN, which is stamped into the firewall and most likely starts with AR191xxx or AR192xxx (as listed in Fusi). The badges shown are for the Alfa model (106.01) and the coachbuilder's internal registration number (Carrozzeria Touring 10886).

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
It's good to see the 2600's get the recognition they deserve, money similar to the Austin Healey 3000, I've owned and like both but the 2600 is so much more automobile, unfortunately too expensive for me at this time. This car looks nice, my best guess is it will be a '63 production date, the later production dates, if I remember correctly, had 4 -wheel disc brakes and the reverse opening bonnet, it's kind of difficult to tell from the photo. At this price I don't like the white upholstery, it looks like a vintage dealer motorola is in the trunk to replace that ugly modern radio misplaced in that vintage dash.
I agree that this is a Series 1 car with the hood hinges near the windshield. It is kinda difficult to see but one of the rubber stops for the hood is visible and identifies the car clearly Series 1.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Once upon a time.....in a barn, far, far away I came across a 2600 or two or three. ;)

Someday they will see the light of day, feel the pavement running under their tires, howling through the wind of Central Kentucky........that is, as soon as I find my wife a good job!!:D

one of those is mine, bub. we'll have to fight over it.

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Having had something like a dozen 2600s in my lifetime (plus something like eight 102 series cars) , I can tell you that in today's world it is going to take $70,000 or more to properly restore a car, unless you can do all the work yourself...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts