Discussion Starter · #862 ·
fitting for the braded ss an3 line, and a bleed screw that fits and works
Finger Automotive tire Thumb Nail Nickel

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #863 ·
i dont give up.. new try at speedo sender that will fit in very tight confines of a alfa spider bodyshell, and i will flip the plug 180 degrees, maybe get some more area for the plug
Toy Automotive tire Wood Plastic bottle Tire
Wood Floor Flooring Hardwood Gas
Paint Wood Liquid Gas Paint brush

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #864 ·
new sender fit well. have a little more room to play with.. and the shifter comes to hand very nicely, even 5 th gear, easy to find..but having trouble with clutch pedal release,, it releases ( starts too ) half way down,, really dont like that. would perfer a inch or 2 after i hit the pedal.... the master clutch cly is .75 inch.. i believe i will need more volume lets say a 1 inch master cly to get the clutch slave cly to release at the upper end of the pedal travel ( for those who are new here..i am running a ford f150/ ranger concentric slave cly inside the bellhousing ) i have tryed to adjust the linkage fron the ar, to the master,, no help there..so i think i need the volume your happy thou
Amber Orange Motor vehicle Metal Wood
Bumper Gas Electric blue Auto part Metal
ghts here on this matter?

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #865 ·
going to route the reverse and speedo wires into the cabin,, just drill a good size hole and add a rubber gorment

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #866 ·
sub harness for speedo and reverse lamp switch ( nice to have the reverse lamp switch on the side of the tranny
Automotive tire Electrical wiring Wire Twig Machine

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #867 ·
speedo sender on tranny.. as you can see. not alot of room.. and shifter falls to hand even 5 th grear shift.. is very easy
Bumper Gas Electric blue Auto part Metal
Amber Orange Motor vehicle Metal Wood

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #869 ·
no, not the last 2 posts?

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #871 ·
thanks i can see them now

Reactions: PSk

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #872 ·
a little more work on the tunnel and reverse and speedo sub harness, and looking for a location for the ecu.. driver side inner panel.. will be very crowded
World Leaf Rectangle Shade Wood
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Water Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Automotive fuel system Bumper
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Gas
Circuit component Headgear Motor vehicle Computer hardware Passive circuit component
Motor vehicle Hood Electrical wiring Engineering Gas

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #874 ·
sorry Dr.G ? install , what?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Yes like a TT V6 Q motor is even remotely close to tackling a 4 cyl
Great mental thought, but seriously even if accomplished, driving a 500hp spider would be death...

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #876 ·
i up rated my brakes.. all are 12.19 inch vented disk 2 part disk on hat.. all 4 corners and brembo calipers from a 2000 porsche boxster... 4 pots ..next panhard rod system for the rear end to lower the rear roll centre

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
Yes like a TT V6 Q motor is even remotely close to tackling a 4 cyl
Great mental thought, but seriously even if accomplished, driving a 500hp spider would be death...
It would be in the Quad too, hence they have a computer that looks after the traction in most cases, but as we can see by the number being crashed ... simply too much horsepower for a road car.

I'm embarrassed that Alfa Romeo joined this stupid game. Should have concentrated on driver involvement, not played the car magazine hp game
Pete

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #878 ·
my 195 tp 205 hp is more than enough for my car.. anymore would just be a waste of money..come -on how fast do you need to get to 60 mph? 100 mph? my 0-60 should be in the low to mid 5 sec. range, more than quick enough....and also how much tire can you stuff under the car, with out going to body wheel flares..like to keep my bodyshell, as close to oem as possible...205/50/16 look quite nice on a well set up lowered car.. fills the wells very nicely

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I rode in a neighbor’s 69 chevelle SS with a very hot LS conversion. I was an old hot rodder back in the day but that made me realize in a hurry those days are long gone for me! Dang that thing was fast! And I’ve had big block 57’s, a v8 pinto, hot corvettes!

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #880 ·
tunnel almost done.. were i could not weld.i used pop rivits.. then sealed it with silcone... and plan to mount the ecu just above the rad/.keep it cooler there campared to the passenger side.. no room on the drivers side.. and also they will be some cooling air flowing around it.. there will be a sheet steel mount for the ecu.. so there will be lots of air space below the ecu
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Steering wheel
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Bumper
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

861 - 880 of 891 Posts