Alfa Romeo Forums banner

241 - 260 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
When you get to wiring that cluster, I would be interested in what you find for the various signals. I got a simple late model tack for a project and am curious what kind of signal it takes. It's also a circuit board on the back of the tack, so I'm not sure if I solder a connector or what.

Does this cluster have plugs on the back?

·
Registered
453 Posts
2 multi plugs, I use ford sensors( yes on a gm engine)mainly for oil, tach speedo,gas, water , volt are volts easy one there, gas sender, using a ford in tank mount( cut the tank in my car, to fit the ford intank system,,lucky same depth of tank, cutting the tank on a mustang to get the fitting ring parts/ mount on top of the tank. water temp, one for the ecu, one inline on a rad hose for the gauge

Attachments

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Maybe it was addressed earlier and I missed it, but why on earth are your primary pipes paired incorrectly???

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
Maybe it was addressed earlier and I missed it, but why on earth are your primary pipes paired incorrectly???
that's the way I bought them.. all the ecotec headers exp. one stye has paired pipes,, I needed the room,, the inner " A " arm inside the engine bay is very close the the engine

·
Registered
453 Posts
psk.. I did some extra work on the engine, I had a friend at my machine shop weigh the engine, and find the balance point of it,, 72 percent of the weight of the engine will be behind the front axle centerline..pretty cool

·
Registered
11,643 Posts
psk.. I did some extra work on the engine, I had a friend at my machine shop weigh the engine, and find the balance point of it,, 72 percent of the weight of the engine will be behind the front axle centerline..pretty cool
Could be the best handling Alfa Spider ever made :)
Pete

·
Registered
453 Posts
new dash, insterment cluster

with 1 inch foam board on the alumiumn panel, the insterment panel will not rise as high as a late S3 cluster, but all insterment will be able to seen thru steering wheel, I will glass the finel shape of the upper part in a few weeks, then do bottom of dash,,it will be a ' free floating ' type set up. the top of the insterment panel will only raise 2.5 inchs taller than dash., try to get more photos with foam on dash to get you folks a better idea. making the surround around the insterment panel will be a challange

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
getting close to basic shape

next clat to profile to finel shape, then glass over it,, in a week or so, bottom half.. the dash will be 2 tone, lighter on top darker on bottom. will temp. install in car sunday , more photos then. the trim around the cluster to dash shell will be hard to make.

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
nope that did not come out right,, on pass. side took too much off, and the interface between the dach and windshield too close.. lets do this again.. test fit next sunday. this time I will not tape it off with aluiumn tape until I get shape well done, ( its hard to take off the foam )

Attachments

·
Registered
11,643 Posts
Shame :(

Come back in a couple of weeks. Likely fixed by then
Pete

241 - 260 of 260 Posts