Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
beware of this scam; but I think that no one on here would be dumb enough to fall for it!
1986 Alfa Romeo Spider | Red 1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Car for Sale in New City NY | 3779440141 | Used Cars on Oodle Marketplace
Auto Classifieds: 1986 Alfa Romeo Spider for sale in New City, NY
as is the case with most of these scams, the emails about the sad circumstances are so dramatic...military person, inherited car recently from a deceased parent... about to embark on a secret mission...car is in an ebay warehouse in Kansas. send your address, etc and someone from ebay will call and tell you where to send the money and the car will be delivered to your door at the seller's expense. all of this for a purchase price of $1850!

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
For Sale Beware of Scam

beware of this scam; but I think that no one on here would be dumb enough to fall for it!
1986 Alfa Romeo Spider | Red 1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Car for Sale in New City NY | 3779440141 | Used Cars on Oodle Marketplace
Auto Classifieds: 1986 Alfa Romeo Spider for sale in New City, NY
as is the case with most of these scams, the emails about the sad circumstances are so dramatic...military person, inherited car recently from a deceased parent... about to embark on a secret mission...car is in an ebay warehouse in Kansas. send your address, etc and someone from ebay will call and tell you where to send the money and the car will be delivered to your door at the seller's expense. all of this for a purchase price of $1850!
The Auto Explosion link from Oodle has been "suspended for review," as of this a.m. However, the ad is still on Oodle, with no real information other than the year and price.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update

When I informed oodle and autoexplsion about this scam, they only suspended the specific location that coincided with the link I sent them...I've since explained that it is hundreds of individual city specific ads around the country...that this is, in fact, a nationwide scam. Let's see what they do now! I also informed ebay that their name was going to be used as part of the con. Not much that they can do...but at least they were informed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts