Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PIAA makes a silicone-based windshield wiper blades, that included a windshield treatment compound.

Those who live on the Wet Coast get to study rain quite a bit, and to try various ways to improve driving visibility.

Over the decades I've tried Rainex, but the problem has been that when the wipers are used at night each swipe leaves a haze or sheen that worsens visibility.

Thought maybe they would eliminate this, but on my last try a few years ago--nada. O K on the side windows though.

Then two years ago tied the PIAA system on the Turbo Wagon and the silicone blades are still good and the window treatment has been oustanding.:):)

Had a package of the stuff left over and applied it the Spider's windshield and side windows today.

Just in case it rains.:(

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that PIAA wipers and lights and things can be found at a number of auto supply places.

I'll find out if the winshield compound can be bought without the wipers.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Piaa wipers are expensive, i think i paid something like 50 or 60 bucks for the pair on my jetta, and i was working at a parts place and got them at cost!

The treatment worked well, the silicone wipers were/are awesome, 2 years on the set now and still love em. Gotta break them in like the instructions say, and clean the windshield regularly to keep dirt from getting caught under the silicone layer they apply, but awesome.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wiper Blades:
A dirty or distorted windshield and/or worn wiper blades are dangerous; 90% of your driving decisions are based on a clear, unobstructed view of the road, it's a critical safety concern that your car's wipers provide you with the cleanest windshield possible. Wiper blades should be checked for wear and replaced annually or when showing signs of wear.

Bosch Icon Wiper Blades - http://www.autohausaz.com/html/wiper_blades_icon.html
PIAA Wiper Blades: PIAA Super Silicone Wiper - http://www.racinglab.com/pisusiwibl.html

To rectify wiper blade ‘chatter’- Clean wiper blades with Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) to remove any residue. After the application of a windshield treatment (Castrol Super Clean AccuVision™) spray a fine mist of water on to the glass and buff with a clean micro fibre towel, this removes any residue.

Maintenance- Use 303™ Wiper Treatment on the blades periodically – http//:www.autogeek.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had same experience with Rain-X (film). Tried another product, Rain Slick, and have not had the same problem. Just did the windows yesterday, readying the car for our wonderful NorthWest winter.

Another product that is the best I ever used, but quite expensive, is Aquapel. Used it when I went to the track. Can be bought at Tire Rack. Has a glass ampule you have to break. Pretty fancy. Meanwhile, I'll stick with Rain Slick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts