Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
what part?
10,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my fuel pump stoped , while i was at wrok , could not fix it untill last evening( stoped on thursday eve) so i just found some power to the pump, and it work, ( got a power lead off the running lights) took some time, but i found the problem, brken wire, fixed it, and while i was in there, took /unpluged akk the conections, eu's, under dash, fuse box pulgs in the back.. cleaned, smeared all of the with some die-electirc grease.. still a bit rough? looked around under the hood.. i don't know how this happened, but the idle control thing( the thing with the rubber 'o; ring, came unscrewd.. fixed that... now sooooo smooth

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
i don't know how this happened, but the idle control thing( the thing with the rubber 'o; ring, came unscrewd.. fixed that... now sooooo smooth
Idle air bypass device.
Mabe you didn't tighten the jam nut enough, if at all, last time you wuz fiddlin' with it?

I can't see how it would walkies all by itself otherwise, unless mabe the duct to plenum hose that services it was really twisted up and was applying constant rotational stress to the device.

Dunno man. Mighta just been the gremlins :shrug:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts