Alfa Romeo Forums banner

201 - 220 of 296 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Unfortunately I think Ronaldo is looking for the Compomotive TS wheels also used on Ferrari 308. Very nice wheels indeed! These wheels are out of production and so few were used on GTV6 that getting them second hand is a Challenge! However there might be other brands making that pattern in 8X17 or 8X16?

Here more photos of the rim TS for some other car.

Compomotive TS 3-piece 16"

A local GTV6

G.
I think truly that the 16" wheel is the 'sweet spot' as far as perfect aspect ratio of size of wheel vs rubber for these Alfetta/GTV6 cars. That said, my NOS TS-1701 hubs of this design are 17" wheels... a tad larger... but I'll live with that. (more 17" dia tire selections than 16" btw) The only other comparable (Daytona style 5 star) 'larger wheel (15+ diameter larger) wheel that I'm aware of in production right now is the HRE 505, and they start at 18-19" diameter - definitely too large for our cars... and a 'heck of a lot more expensive!!!'

Anyone else have other "5-star Daytonas" comparable wheel models?h Remember, just because its a '5 star'... doesn't necessarily make it a 'Daytona like' 5 star.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Sorry, I can't tell you much about these cars other than the first 1 has widened standard GTV6 wheels and all 3 are from South Africa. I grabbed these pics from GTV6.com.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Quality problems - Deleted. But yes Gabor... the car you posted below.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Representing Compomotive TS series (like Gabor K mentioned yesterday). Don't tell me this GTV6 doesn't look sweet/'sick'/' insert your exclamatory descriptor here.'
Actually I think you are referring to Swedish Nicke´s GTV6 project some years ago! Actually I think those wheels are too small, probably 16"- too much rubber! I think it would look even better at 17"!

Personally I have also been on the lookout for something to replace my modular Compomotive CX Wheels as they are difficult to balance. Their size are 8X15 front and 9X15 rear. After experience with my racer GTV6 I would now choose 8X17 ET25 with one of the spoke patterns (like the CX) my posts above - and Bridgestone S 001 rubber.

G.

Attachments

·
Registered
462 Posts
I love my 16" Rota wheels, here on my now-gone '84, but soon to be on an '81.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Looks nice. You should mention make, size and ET if you want to help others to easily find rims like this!

Looks like 17" to me but cant read anything more..

G.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Looks nice. You should mention make, size and ET if you want to help others to easily find rims like this!

Looks like 17" to me but cant read anything more..

G.
Thanks Gabor! :) They are OZ Racing Superturismo 17x8 et35 with 225/45 Goodyear Eagle F1 directionals. The tyres are new and not like the old design F1's. I think the tyre walls are softer on these and i find it squirming a lot more which is a bit unsettling...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Marty you could recoat your wheels a dark colour to see how it would look as a contrast to your silver car but the overall effect of your silver car and wheels looks good now.
The wheels on my car are blue gun metal that look black from a distance. I think they contrast and compliment the dark red AR501 of the car the black of the trim.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Maybe I'm too anal when it comes to styling queues... and while the O.Z. Speedlines, Zender Milanos, and Ronal A1s are all the same similar styling concept/design... I've always preferred the OZ's, and not the other two...

·
Registered
236 Posts
NTM LO 37 rim.

Rim size 8x17 ET29 Front, 9,5x17 ET35 Rear. Tire size 215/40-17 Front, 235/35-17 Rear. Pirelli. Price: bob-bob. Anyone´s wish list? :)

G.

Hi, where can I get these wheels.
Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a set of Ronal center caps and center covers. I believe they came off Ronal A1's from a Milano. I have the Alfa center caps on my A1'a on an Alfetta sedan but I've never seen the center covers used on the A1.
Her are some pics. I have listed them in the "parts for sale" forum but since this thread is all about wheels I thought someone might need them. The caps are 5.5cm in diameter and there covers are15cm

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts

Attachments

201 - 220 of 296 Posts