Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,

I just got my 1993 Spider Veloce (20 000 kms) and it seems that the spark plugs mounted on the engine are not the correct ones ?

NGK or Lodge(+2) or Bosch(+4) ?

Otherwise, I will have to change the engine mounts pretty soon, is it preferable to go for the original ones or for the heavy duty ones (more expensive) ?

Thanks for your help.

Cedric

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thanks Darren for your quick answer,

So I will try the NGK BP7ES spark plugs and will let you know how they
work with my 2.0 L engine.

My last Alfa Romeo (almost 12 years ago) was a 33 Quadrifoglio Oro, and I
really enjoy to be back to Alfa with my 93 Spider Veloce. Such a lovely car (I love the sound too) !!!

Cedric

·
Registered
520 Posts
those NGKs are for older alfas. you need resistor type for your bosch motronic engine. i run my motronic on bosch fusion #4510. theyre the most expensive sold. are reccomended by bosch, who designed your ignition system. they have the four contacts that alfa preferred ( they asked for Lodge plugs because it was the only four prong plug in those days). theyre tested by me for yeqrs and confirmed to work in a daily driver. and lastly theyre sold by amazon for half the price of autozone.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I know listening to the stereo is secondary at best, but why not use the BPR7ES? It will diminish radio noise without any performance loss. :confused:

·
Registered
520 Posts
i do run my SPICA 1750 engine on NGKs but look for the ones wighout the E and therefore having the shorter J-conductor tip. good plugs for wothstanding fowling due to the varying richness of yourmixture by the injector pumps actuator. your motronic doesnt deal with that.

·
Registered
774 Posts
those NGKs are for older alfas. you need resistor type for your bosch motronic engine. i run my motronic on bosch fusion #4510. theyre the most expensive sold. are reccomended by bosch, who designed your ignition system. they have the four contacts that alfa preferred ( they asked for Lodge plugs because it was the only four prong plug in those days). theyre tested by me for yeqrs and confirmed to work in a daily driver. and lastly theyre sold by amazon for half the price of autozone.
Is it necessary to set the gap on those Bosch Fusion #4510 plugs? (Its been a looong time since I changed plugs :eek: ).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts