Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rad is shot no if ands or buts about it. I saw Vicks is 200 while most are four however this isn't something you go cheap on you want it done right the first time. I'll also do the water pump. So where is the best place for a radiator? There are many places and some vary in price drastically like with Vicks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,005 Posts
There was a discussion about the Vick's radiator a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
My rad is shot no if ands or buts about it. I saw Vicks is 200 while most are four however this isn't something you go cheap on you want it done right the first time. I'll also do the water pump. So where is the best place for a radiator? There are many places and some vary in price drastically like with Vicks.
Quite seriously, I would suggest checking on getting one from Classic Alfa in the UK.
105 Spider Parts - 105 Spider Cooling & Heating Systems - Classic Alfa

For a radiator for my 71, they want $273 compared to the $379 IAP wants.
Alfa Romeo and Fiat Radiators, Shrouds, and Mounts

Yeah you will pay more for shipping but considering the $100 head start on price you may come out ahead in total cost. The quality of the parts you get from Classic Alfa is pretty consistently good.

FWIW

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the info! I just actually ordered one from Vicks, but I'll source my pump through classic, might as well do it all at once!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So everyone knows, through Vicks, it cools brilliantly but the overflow spout is on the wrong side and it does not use the normal drain bolt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts