Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for recomendations for a independent garage in the New England area. I have a truck and can deliver the engine/transmission as far north as maine and as far south as NJ. I have a friend/mechanic who is willing to help me pull the engine and transmission out of the car and more importantly help me put it back in!

Any reccomended shops in New England?

And (I know this is a tougher question) what would be a ballpark estimate to have a shop rebuild a 2L? Assuming its just tired and there are no other major issues with the engine other than it's due and tired. (no signs of headgasket leaking, no excessive oil buring, just lower then I would like compression)

Thanks!

Andrew

·
Registered
41 Posts
Engine Rebuild

Call Alfas Unlimited in Norfolk, CT, just outside Winsted. 860-542-2599. Ask for the owner Keith Goring, or Alex. It will be done right, and for a fair price.

Bob

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Keith Goring and Don Ereminas are both excellent choices.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Call Alfas Unlimited in Norfolk, CT, just outside Winsted. 860-542-2599. Ask for the owner Keith Goring, or Alex. It will be done right, and for a fair price.

Bob
Second the recommendation. It's what they do for a living. Not someone who says "Yeah, I did one of those once". Keith will give you a fair estimate of the cost.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
2L engine rebuild cost

At least $4,500.
I got a "guesstimate" in Spring 2010 from a good engine shop with lots of Alfa experience here in Los Angeles, EMS.
Starting with good engine with no real problems. Includes head and bottom end. No SPICA or carb work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts